With 5 beaches, 2 bays, a waterfront golf course, blocks of coastal cuisine, historic architecture and quaint shopping, un-landing activities abound.
Coronado is surrounded by water, so there’s no shortage of things to do in, around or on the water:
- Kayak the San Diego Bay on your own or with a tour
- Try Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP)
- Take a harbor cruise via sailboat, catamaran, or yacht
- Beach Combing: Collect sand dollars, boogie board or body surf, build a sand castle
- Rent personal watercraft
- Take a gondola ride (seats up to 6)
- Learn to surf
- Sunrise yoga on the beach
Coronado is supremely walk-able and bike-able. Multiple rental facilities offer all varieties of wheels for all variety of speeds.
- Ride along the strand, the bay
- Explore the neighborhoods and their architecture by bike, or on foot
- Go on your own, or take a tour
- Rentals from fat-tire woody cruisers to electric bikes to surreys for the family – pick your speed
- There are paths from 4 to 15 miles long — Download map
There’s more than meets the island on Coronado. Stroll historic avenues, learn the rich history of this eclectic and storied island. Catch a show, a film or the occasional art installation.
- Take walking tours through eclectic neighborhoods
- Explore iconic architecture, gardens, and famous residents
- See live theater at the Lambs Players Theater and Coronado Playhouse
- Peruse stunning art work at the famous Art and Frames gallery
- Don’t miss the Hotel del Coronado’s legendary tour for rich heritage, local legends and most notorious phantom Kate Morgan - an in-depth, docent-led walking tour of the Victorian building and gardens, including an exclusive behind-the-scenes look
Play one of the most beautiful golf courses in southern California, the Coronado Golf Course offers sweeping downtown and harbor views from every hole. It’s golf, Un-Landed.
- Ranked #5 nationally by Golf Digest for Best Value
- 6,590 yards from the blue tees — Par 72
- Immaculate greens, wide inviting fairways and dramatic views
- Incomparable weather. A must-play for all golfers year round
- Rental clubs available
- Home to Feast and Fareway – an all-new restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
Looking To Plan An Event?